Tuesday, March 11, 2008

THE REMBAU SLEIGHT-OF-HAND




I didn’t actually see it but I’m told by those who did, that Khairy Jamaluddin had actually conceded defeat in the Rembau elections, on TV, only to be officially declared the winner some 25 minutes later.

How could this happen? More perplexing still – why is there not even a single chirp up to now from any quarter? Why is there not even a query over this, to say the very least, unbelievably strange episode – and to happen to none other than one who is arguably the next-most central figure in the BN’s week-end disaster? Could there be a much wider conspiracy actually in play involving even the opposition that they should so accommodatingly accept this “sleight-of-hand” show by this young upstart and his team, and whoever else involved?

What is happening? I thought only Pak Lah had been put under this young man’s spell, but now it would seem that the whole country is totally hypnotized by this “anointed son-in-law and his associates” that no one, not even the opposition, would challenge this ridiculous wayang kulit. Surely we are all not this dumb!

Even if the whole very strange episode was indeed a genuine error (although logic tells us the probability of it happening to this particular person in such circumstances is extremely unlikely) we, the electorate, deserve some explanation.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

im d father of ur grandchild mail me some votes now or else ur cucu wil starve!!

Wondering Nomad said...

Hahahaha Lui, hilarious. Ayah, I think I remember a few years ago when I casually mentioned what a slimy A-hole a certain person was, and how those who know him, think along the same lines, a certain father who shall remain un-named told me off and listed off his many qualifications and breeding...ehm ehm.

Paradin said...

I'm very seldom wrong. So, when I am, and gracious enough to admit it, you might as well rub it in! To look at the positive side - my positive side that is - I was at least willing to defend a person until I'm truly convinced he or she truly deserves not to be defended, unlike a certain daughter who shall remain un-named who is all too quick to judge, although admittedly in this case she was smack on. Happy?

By the way we're still up as we just came back after fetching ED from KLIA back from her National Service. Her flight was delayed and only landed way past 1am.

rama said...

i also saw him on tv on the defeat and i was shocked to see later the new results. How did they do such silap unless it is silap mata