Tuesday, November 27, 2007

THE DEVIL'S CAT



We have had cats off and on over the years but I never thought we 'd get to three at one time! The latest addition was a week-old squint-eyed, bow-legged, tiny kitten my youngest daughter found hiding under a car outside our gate. According to her it was akin to "instant rapport and mutual love - what with her pleading meows and the pale blue eyes". If that was indeed the case, I thought to myself she'd be in for a real heartbreak for there's no way her mother would allow another cat in the house (and especially not that miserable looking thing that didn't even seem like it was going to make it).

Surprise, surprise - I was wrong! Somehow she got her mother to let her keep it, though the lecture on the subject kept on and on, unabated - until last week.

What happened last week?

Well, we discovered that "Juling" (as she's officially called) and my wife had a common interest. We found her fully absorbed in the Man'U-Bolton game for a good portion of the match - and my wife, a die-hard Man'U supporter since her school days was visibly impressed and pleased with the addition of another (assumed) Man'U fan in the house. She (Juling) now even gets to ocasionally watch TV just with my wife!

She's not telling, but I wonder which team Juling's really rooting for...

5 comments:

Wondering Nomad said...

Hahahahaha...how not to be juling, sitting so close to the TV.

Paradin said...

She's still watching TV close-up, but believe it or not the juling is gone! And she's really turning into a lovely kitten - reminds me of someone... perhaps that explains the instant bonding. Sash will surely love to pull her tail....

'Life of an Arian' said...

she is so adorable....u shld check out the picture of juling sleeping on my lap with her 'arms' crossed!! really!!

Ozi said...

Juling is an Everton players scout.

Nochan said...

Those who never have cats or do not like them will never know the pleasure of having them. it is with regrets that my house do have cats now due to medical advice.
However, when my family recap the various cats that we used to have, it was always with nostalgic fond memories.